This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hi chaps
this is a 3 way coalition ,,the bear is supplying the parts req to build this project ...tom will be doing the fine detail, finishing, and painting ,I will be doing the not so hard bits a lot of swearing when bits don't arrive or tom uses the wrong colour dulux this will take some time in doing but we have a start, the intended build is a m51 dagem alef welded hull ,there were a few in service with the IDF this is going to be as near as dam as we can possibly get ,there may be a few hickups tantrums fall out spit dummies along the way but we will pull through we are MAD ......wot wot .......
Last edited by cannedheat on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: hugill,bear, and the heat........

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:hi chaps
this is a 3 way coalition ,,the bear is supplying the parts req to build this project ...tom will be doing the fine detail, finishing, and painting ,I will be doing the not so hard bits a lot of swearing when bits don't arrive or tom uses the wrong colour dulux this will take some time in doing but we have a start, the intended build is a m51 dagem alef welded hull ,there were a few in service with the IDF this is going to be as near as dam as we can possibly get ,there may be a few hickups tantrums fall out spit dummies along the way but we will pull through we are MAD ......wot wot .......
:haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

this is were we are today ....pics
Last edited by cannedheat on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
It's looking good, guys. It will be cool for you to have one of these, CH. A long time want, satisfied. I know the feeling. ;o) One question, are the light and horn supposed to swap places there on the right ( looking back from the bow ) ?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've seen some pictures where they do on M50s so I'm assuming this was the case on some 51s
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

painless ...old chap ...wot wot ...
no we have it right, I have no idea why but the shroud was over the horn ?
[been to B and Q got tom some sample colours]
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

What year are you going for stu? I've got accurate colour mixes for tank in the main conflics upto lebenon
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

first batch early sixties semi gloss/satin tom , hope dave can get us the bits intime for me to get it over to you next meet
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

i am trying i need to find sprue E and the turret roller bag
recoil unit and elevation unit and the king tiger flash so its long enough :thumbup:
got the turret and stay bar
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

colours this is a hard one for me its more of what I like as to correct colours a few pics of other m50/51
in sand colour variants ?
Last edited by cannedheat on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”