Need help about Henntec track tensioners for Tiger 1

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
akina_subtitude
Recruit

Need help about Henntec track tensioners for Tiger 1

Post by akina_subtitude »

Hi all,
lets me introducing my self, my name is Syrulizan, I'm newbie in RC tank
Recently i have purchase Henntec track tensioners for my HL tiger 1 but I'm stuck how to setup it
please help me :crazy: i have search at many website but still don't get enough information to solve my problem hope that all the tanker can help me and sharing your knowledge and any additional information are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Syrulizan
HL Tiger 1
Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Need help about Henntec track tensioners for Tiger 1

Post by Jussek »

hello Syrulizan

this will be a bit difficult to me to explain, but i will try anyway.

The instructions sheet... they are almost useless, the translation (i assume from german to english) is not too clear.

well, they are two different versions of these tensioners, one fot the plastic hull, the other (my case) for the asiatam metall hull.
i will talk about the model for the asiatam lower hull.

1) open the hull, take off the upper hull and the rear shield.
2) dismount tracks and idlers
3) dismount the latch system (to be able to work better)
4) unscrew and dismount the former track tensioners
5) drill the hole in the aluminium hull to the same size that the external idler mounts (the plastic ones you can see outside)

now, the difficult part, at least for me: do the drills for the new tensioner mount. You have to drill the lateral panels to fix the tensioenr mount to the chasis, and also drill the external plastic mount, so the bolt to fix the track tension can enter their dessignet slot.

this is how i did it:

6) with a pen, mark the external part of the part that will hold the idler axle, to be able to know where the hole for this bolt is (you will not see it, because it will be hidding inside the plastic mount.
7) mark the point -in the very middle- in the plastic mould for the idler, where the bolt will pass.
8) drill it with a 3mm drill
9) put the tranck tensioner is it's dessigned position, and screw the bolt, this will aid to 'fix' the tensioner.
for me, it was not possible to drill the hole that will screw the tensioner with the side panel of the hull from the inside, where you have already done the hole in the tensioner, so i discarded this hole ,and i've made a new one from the outside. Be careful to take the correct meassurements.
10) mark and drill the hole for the bolt and nut that will screw together the lower hull to the tensioning system.

repeat all this foor the other side og the hull, and then ypou will be able to mount all the system. Use the big 'washer' (the one with in built bolt that slides along the brass tube) to close the gap between the tube and on of the sides of the hull, and fasten it AFTER having put the idler mounts inside the tube... Use the 4 little washes to align correctly your idlers to the inner roadwhells and sprockets.

and that's all i can say...

best regards
I
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
akina_subtitude
Recruit

hi jussek ,

thanks for the advice :thumbup: sorry for the late reply currently i'm very busy for my track tensioners project...
i have done setup for my track tensioners , the installation is very hard for newbie like me He3...here is the pic. i'm not install the big "washer" yet because I'm forgot to do that but maybe next time i do...
for you information i just drill the 13mm hole only and the other hole that for tiny screw i use a small size allen key then i burn it until the allen key getting hot than it's make me easy to make the hole for that tiny screw here is some picture after the process..

best regards
Attachments
picture 1
picture 1
Picture1.jpg (45.16 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
Last edited by akina_subtitude on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
HL Tiger 1
akina_subtitude
Recruit

other picture
Attachments
picture 2
picture 2
Picture2.jpg (29.53 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
HL Tiger 1
akina_subtitude
Recruit

just another picture after process 8)
Attachments
picture 3
picture 3
Picture3.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
HL Tiger 1
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

akina_subtitude wrote:i just drill the 13mm hole only and the other hole that for tiny screw i use a small size allen key then i burn it until the allen key getting hot than it's make me easy to make the hole for that tiny screw here is some picture after the process..
hello, this works with the plastic hull, but not with the metallic one... ;D

also, in some of your pics... it seems to me that you have excesive tension on the tracks, they must go down from the sprocket to the 2nd or 3rd wheel, or you can use the '4 fingers' rule, between the first wheel and the track they must have a separation of 4 fingers, about 5mm in scale.

look to pics of real Tigers and see the correct position for the tracks.

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
akina_subtitude
Recruit

Jussek wrote:
also, in some of your pics... it seems to me that you have excesive tension on the tracks, they must go down from the sprocket to the 2nd or 3rd wheel, or you can use the '4 fingers' rule, between the first wheel and the track they must have a separation of 4 fingers, about 5mm in scale.

look to pics of real Tigers and see the correct position for the tracks.

best regards
Hi jussek ,

Thanks for the advice ...so for my understanding that maybe i need to adjust a little bit my idler wheels to the lower and reduce the tension of the track is it right..correct me if I'm wrong......or the worst thing i have wrong in doing my track tensioners setup :sick: huhuhu...

best regards,
Syrulizan
Last edited by akina_subtitude on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL Tiger 1
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Hello Syrulizan - Very important - check the wheel alignment too , with a steel rule or something similar , so that there is no binding on the rack horns .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
akina_subtitude
Recruit

Hi Blimp,
Thanks for the advice :thumbup: i will always keep in mind...
the information is very useful for newbie like me :)

best regards
syrulizan..
HL Tiger 1
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Hi, where did you buy the tracks tensioner? I need one for my tank too.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage

Return to “General Questions”