Taigen tiger paint ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jeman
Corporal

Taigen tiger paint ?

Post by jeman »

Has anyone got the code/paint colour for the Taigen Tiger in the photo ? I want to remove the exhaust covers and replace them with metal ones that I've already got.....but want to spray them the camo colours first before weathering the entire tank
Thanks in advance folks :)
Mark
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen tiger paint ?

Post by jarndice »

MARK Hi, If you take the Tigers body off you will see that the EXHAUSTS are held on by screws accessable from the inside of the rear plate,
I have a pair of metal exhausts but the plastic ones are surprisingly well detailed so I have yet to fit the metal exhausts.
Once you take them off they can be taken apart, giving you the chance to rub them down and do a proper job of detailing them, :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks Shaun.....I've yet to get them off.....I really don't want to tamper with them until I can get the correct paint colours.....then I'll spray the metal ones first and see how the match is before fitting......it's so hard to try and match the original taigen colours......:)
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

It looks like dunklegleb and rottenbrun just aurbrushed on. I'd use Tamiya paints and then do the weathering and exhaust stains and rusted over the Tamiya paints.
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks guys........the paints you have suggested are now on order......well worth a go. Sorry to keep asking questions, but can I fit smoke launchers on the turret for a late tiger ? I have a nice metal pair I would like to fit to it......but kinda want to keep fairly accurate with the tank also :)
Cheers
Mark
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks buddy.......on they will go :)
DavidByrden
Corporal

Post by DavidByrden »

Late Tigers didn't use them.

David
DavidByrden
Corporal

Post by DavidByrden »

Kiaser wrote:Yes they were used .

Battle of Ardennes useless due to cold weather .
What is the source of this information? Is there a photo?

David
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kiaser I think you are mistaken Smoke dischargers were not fitted after MAY 1943 to Tiger 1s, as David said, would you like to quote your source? Mine is the previously mentioned "Alan Hanby" a generally accepted definative source! :wave: shaun
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kiaser after 1943 a towed or vehicle mounted multi barreled Knebelwerfer was often used as a smoke projector on the battlefield it was also used as a fire suppression weapon,
As the war progressed "Recoiless Rifles" were used more often because they had a number of advantages over conventional artillery,
No heavy trail needed, no recoil machinery needed, it was usually multi-barrelled and was much lighter than an artillery piece which made it much easier to move and it did not need a trained gun crew and it was both cheaper and easier to produce,
The downside was that it was wildly inaccurate and took longer to reload.
The whole subject of "Recoiless Weapons from the "Bazooker to the Stalin organ" makes for interesting reading :thumbup: B| shaun

Return to “General Questions”