Taigen History

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Taigen History

Post by jtracks »

I have a couple of questions about the early Taigen tanks. When they were first introduced to the rc market, did they have the RX-18 or RX-14 MFU ? How about the transmitters, were they of the crystal type or has Taigen always had the 2.4GHZ radios. Thanks

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Taigen History

Post by ALPHA »

That's before my time 8O ............ :haha: Think they were exactly the same as HL...but made the transition to 2.4 earlier...why the inquiry Jt...you going to get an ancient Taigen 8O

ALPHA
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Hmmm...... I don't remember ever seeing a Taigen radio that is not 2.4Ghz. I think RX-13/14 is only a Heng Long thing. Matorro has its own as well.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Thanks for the replies ALPHA and Michael C. I've sent an email to Taigen asking for clarification and will report the findings when I get an answer.

Joe
Joe
dane61
Lance Corporal

Post by dane61 »

I have 2 taigens from 2011. They both came with crystal RX18.
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

dane61 wrote:I have 2 taigens from 2011. They both came with crystal RX18.
Thank you dane61, I suspected as much but wasn't sure.

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Had a hunch Taigens were the same at one time...because I remember asking about internal antennas when I first got here...there were many who suggested improvements...one of them was to switch to the Taigen 2.4 because many of them had done it to both ;)

Plus I have in my possession a set up that was given to me...that looks nothing like the old HL crystal units ...similar ..but different markings

ALPHA
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

I have 2 early 2012 Taigen Tigers (advanced metal edition) that both have rx18 crystal set ups, I do remember not long after that they brought out the 2.4 ghz set up because I can remember the discussions on here about them when they first came out, which was around June 2012.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Yes, my reply from Taigen was that he didn't remember ever having other than a 2.4GHZ radio in their tanks. Well dane61 and now you have confirmed they did. I was looking at a Tiki Tiger 1 on Ebay after being impressed with Merlins. It had the crystal type radio, was all plastic, and used. The used part didn't bother me but they wanted too much for the tank in my opinion and their shipping costs from the East coast were way too high. After converting it to 2.4GHZ, I would have been into it way to much for what I had. It didn't sell by the way.

Joe
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

kwiky wrote:I have 2 early 2012 Taigen Tigers (advanced metal edition) that both have rx18 crystal set ups, I do remember not long after that they brought out the 2.4 ghz set up because I can remember the discussions on here about them when they first came out, which was around June 2012.
OK, a third reporting in. Thank you Kwiky.

Joe
Joe

Return to “General Questions”