Need opinions please

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Need opinions please

Post by jtracks »

I need opinions on the size of this rope I might use. Is it too big? I like the rope, but I can't get the knots any smaller and because of that, it looks dumb in my opinion. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Joe
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Need opinions please

Post by AlwynTurner »

The rope on the jerrycans and boxes looks too big and out of scale hence the knot problem. The rope on the forward hull looks about right for scale though, is that different rope? On the cans and boxes I would suggest something about half or a third the thickness which will enable better knots. The rope on the cans and boxes looks like towrope whereas the crew would have used lighter rope for lashing cargo. Kind of a 'knotty' problem huh? Great detailing though! :-)
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Joe,
The rope up front is perfecto! Is that the same as in the back? If not, use that or get yourself a roll of scale rope made from jute at someplace like Hobby Lobby.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Rear deck stowage roped down with scale jute.JPG
Needed odds and ends to help upgrade my old Pershing.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

PainlessWolf wrote:Joe,
The rope up front is perfecto! Is that the same as in the back? If not, use that or get yourself a roll of scale rope made from jute at someplace like Hobby Lobby.
regards,
Painless
Yes, it's the same stuff Painless, came off of the same 3mtr. piece. Thanks for your photo, I'll look around for something else to use on the cans and boxes. Thank you for your input.

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

The cord for flying kites is perfect Jt... :D

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”