Heng long M4 A3 and Mato turret!!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Heng long M4 A3 and Mato turret!!

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All,
I'd like to ask if the Mato T23 turret will go no / fit the heng long M4A3 hull 8O. Any info will help me.
Regards, Brian...
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng long M4 A3 and Mato turret!!

Post by mcevoyi »

If it helps ..

I did it the other way round ...the hl sherman turret on a mato hull
Fits a treat ....so it should work the way you want ....

brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi
That's great I am getting the parts together for my build of the M4A3E8 from FURY. Aready modded the turret high and removed the spilt loaders hatch so I can put in the hatch from a 105 turret. Got my TAMIYA 105 Sherman now all I need is the top hull unit from a heng long M4A3 if I can get one that is. Oh and a muzzel break for the 76mm. Brian...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

it will fit ......done it a few times ...... you seem to have done the hard bit ?.............. but I am not sure as to why ,if you have a new Tamiya 105 you lucky man .........wot wot
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi CH,
Well the 105 turret is the wrong one for the E8 the mantel is wrong for the 76mm also the the rear of the turret is the wrong shape. So all I'v got to do now is fit the new hatch to the loaders side and get a muzzle brake from somewhere. Yes a nice new tam 105 on it's way also need to get a HL M4A3 top. Then just a case of putting all together :crazy:. Brian...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

brizo58 wrote:Hi CH,
Well the 105 turret is the wrong one for the E8 the mantel is wrong for the 76mm also the the rear of the turret is the wrong shape. So all I'v got to do now is fit the new hatch to the loaders side and get a muzzle brake from somewhere. Yes a nice new tam 105 on it's way also need to get a HL M4A3 top. Then just a case of putting all together :crazy:. Brian...
just wondering the method in your madness as to needing a hl top that's all just trying to get a clear pic [there is a home for your tam top any time if it becomes surplus ] wot wot .......
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Because the rear decking on the TAMIYA 105 is wrong :thumbdown: for the E8. Not wanting to damage the 105 hull.The HL top is the correct top for the E8. So that then gives me a turret and top hull for the 105 or something for a later project if needed. So the method in my madness is that I do not damage parts that I might need in the future that's just a waste of money. That's why I have lot of spares in my bits box. Brian...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Fynsdad,
Thanks for that :thumbup: . Brian...

Return to “General Questions”