Shipping from Germany SUCKS!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jackalope
Lieutenant

Shipping from Germany SUCKS!

Post by jackalope »

Mini rant to follow this is your last chance to leave you have been warned.

Ok this is getting STUPID now! I ordered a bunch of stuff from rctank.de because everyone said how great they were to deal with and they were the only place that had what I wanted for my King Tiger well this is day 20 and still NO DAMN BOX IN SIGHT!! :thumbdown: WTF? How long does it take to get something from Germany these days? What ever happened to German efficiency? As a comparison I ordered parts from Dave at Forgebear 3 days AFTER I ordered the stuff from rctanks.de and its been here now for a week! So 1 week from the UK and God only knows how long from Germany?

Does ANYONE in the U.S. have any experience getting anything from these guys? I just wonder how much longer my wait will be.

Don't get me wrong I've emailed them and received a reply every time from Dominique saying its on its way, but good grief 20 days? I could have driven to Germany and picked the stuff up myself by now! ;)
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Shipping from Germany SUCKS!

Post by tomhugill »

The problems with your over zealous customs department. They're probably deciding how much to screw you for on import duty.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jack,
What did you order? I have used RCTANK.de a few times and never had to wait longer than 10 business days. There is no extra duty assigned by the U.S Postal service. All the taxes were European and applied in Germany and were part of the final total I paid. Once shipped, it should be a simple thing. Dominique is great to work with.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

PainlessWolf wrote:Jack,
What did you order? I have used RCTANK.de a few times and never had to wait longer than 10 business days. There is no extra duty assigned by the U.S Postal service. All the taxes were European and applied in Germany and were part of the final total I paid. Once shipped, it should be a simple thing. Dominique is great to work with.
regards,
Painless

You should be able to get local tax knocked off.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

4.1 steel gearboxes for my King Tiger, the bearings that attach to the outside of the hull for both my King Tiger and Tiger for the drive sprockets, plastic tracks for my Tiger to use on the turret for the links it needs and a decal and paint masking kit for my King Tiger. Shipping was included so I know its not customs adding up more charges I just don't get it.

But yes Dominique has been great and always replies to my emails which is why I really don't want to open a paypal dispute but if it hits the 30 day mark and no parts I'm gonna have no choice but file with paypal. I've ordered parts for my RC vehicles from all over the world and this is without a doubt the LONGEST its taken to get them.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Maybe if it was only like $50 I wouldn't worry too much and it would get here when it got here but the order was like $180 worth of stuff including the raping......er I mean shipping charges.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jackalope wrote:4.1 steel gearboxes for my King Tiger, the bearings that attach to the outside of the hull for both my King Tiger and Tiger for the drive sprockets, plastic tracks for my Tiger to use on the turret for the links it needs and a decal and paint masking kit for my King Tiger. Shipping was included so I know its not customs adding up more charges I just don't get it.

But yes Dominique has been great and always replies to my emails which is why I really don't want to open a paypal dispute but if it hits the 30 day mark and no parts I'm gonna have no choice but file with paypal. I've ordered parts for my RC vehicles from all over the world and this is without a doubt the LONGEST its taken to get them.

Just because shipping is included doesn't mean you won't get stung for customs charges..... Have you checked the tracking? DHL packages I get from dom alway have tracking.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jackalope wrote:Maybe if it was only like $50 I wouldn't worry too much and it would get here when it got here but the order was like $180 worth of stuff including the raping......er I mean shipping charges.
You should try having stuff shipped from the states to Europe, then you'll learn the definition of rip off.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

tomhugill wrote:Just because shipping is included doesn't mean you won't get stung for customs charges..... Have you checked the tracking? DHL packages I get from dom alway have tracking.

I had gotten a tracking number when they said the order shipped however that tracking number can not be found by DHL on any of their tracking sites. Dominique says she has to call them to see where it is and she has made that call twice so far, tomorrow I'm gonna be emailing her again to get any updates from here on the tracking.

And I've never been hit with any customs charges on any order from anywhere in the world as of yet, however this is the first time I've ordered anything from Germany and if this is the way its gonna be I seriously think it'll be my last. I'll just have Dave from Forgebear get me everything I need/want as he seems to be able to get it to me.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

tomhugill wrote:
jackalope wrote:Maybe if it was only like $50 I wouldn't worry too much and it would get here when it got here but the order was like $180 worth of stuff including the raping......er I mean shipping charges.
You should try having stuff shipped from the states to Europe, then you'll learn the definition of rip off.
To be clear rctanks.de didn't rip me off it was the shipping charges.

Return to “General Questions”