tiegan tiger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ade 335d
Recruit

tiegan tiger

Post by Ade 335d »

Hi all. 1st post new to the site and rc tanks.

Question is I bought a tiegan tiger from nitrotek last week and after less than an hours use the Gun recoil is working in about 1 out of 5 times..........any ideas

Cheers
Ade
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: tiegan tiger

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Ade, it could be a number of things but I'm going to say that you could look at the ground connection for the gun recoil. It is a solder joint and can be weakened to the point of breaking by over rotation of the turret, etc. One on Five tries sounds like it is touching the ground periodically. Anything else, like the contact points in the turret should work all the time as long as they make contact. Good Luck. Companies like NitroTek can be problematical on Customer Support but if you have only used the tank for an hour, maybe you should start with a phone call to them.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ade 335d
Recruit

Post by Ade 335d »

Painless, thanks very much for your thoughts on this I'll have a look at it tomorrow. I understand what your saying about nitrotek the experience of making the purchase was one not to remember.
Thanks again
Ade
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I know this is a little late....but don't buy from Nitro Tech..apparently they have a bad rep....they are on the blacklist of vendors :D

ALPHA
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Ade 335d wrote:Hi all. 1st post new to the site and rc tanks.

Question is I bought a tiegan tiger from nitrotek last week and after less than an hours use the Gun recoil is working in about 1 out of 5 times..........any ideas

Cheers
Ade
I don't know if you've been following my post about their new T-34. I've had the same problem except mine only lasted 10 minutes. I truly hope they get these problems worked out. Just looking around inside, I found multiple cold solder joints. I think part of the problem is they use solid wire in many places instead of braided. As the previous poster said, it may be a loose ground. Good luck, I know what you are going through.

Joe

PS I have a Taigen IR Panzer IV and it's been great.???????????
Joe
Ade 335d
Recruit

Post by Ade 335d »

Well been inside again tonight. Checked numerous wires for continuity and everything seems ok. All plugged back in and it seems better, 50/50. How does the recoil work, is it the actual gun mechanism in the turret that jerks the whole tank back or a quick burst of reverse.....If that makes sense.
Thanks again for the help
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

I've looked over your posts and you didn't say if it was an IR unit. If it is, you should be able to grab the gun barrel and push it in, when you let go it should come out again or recoil. That's how my Taigen Panzer IV is and so was the T-34. HOWEVER, when the T-34 stopped working (recoiling) I could not move the barrel inward. As far as the tank itself jerking backward, I don't know what causes that. It can't be good for the gear sets IMO.

Joe
Joe
Ade 335d
Recruit

Post by Ade 335d »

No just tried moving barrel in and out it seems fixed. Not an I/R but does shoot bb's
Thanks again for help...........now not allowed on kitchen table as it leaked the oil last night. She'll come round.

Return to “General Questions”