T95 gun motor carrage

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
seejianshin
Recruit

T95 gun motor carrage

Post by seejianshin »

Hi guys,
First i would like to thank everyone who helped to save my walker bulldog.
When i took it out for a run, my friend on a bike busted the turret.
so i was thinking of building a cool turret-less tank with my walker bulldog chassis like the mighty T95.
I would like to ask if anyone did something like this before?
Thanks.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: T95 gun motor carrage

Post by ALPHA »

Have heard of attempts of that tank.... but that's a super heavy... you'll need more than a Walker to make it ;)

ALPHA
seejianshin
Recruit

Post by seejianshin »

Thanks for that but im trying to keep my costs low.
Plus, what material is suitable for a super heavy?
Thanks
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

seejianshin wrote:Thanks for that but im trying to keep my costs low.
Plus, what material is suitable for a super heavy?
Thanks
Usually a scratch or kitbash is entered into with the hopes of a low cost build...but ... unless you have resources ...like a tank junk pile...the cost can be quite high... the T95 is the US attempt at a super tank....that tank is big so at the very minimum I would say you would at least need two Pershings plus your Walker to make the chassis... and a lot of plastic stock to fabricate the rest of the tank

What I thought of doing with one of my Walkers was make a M42 Duster

Most of the lower is all Walker... the upper would need a little reconfiguration...the turret isn't too difficult of a fabrication... Highly possible on a tight budget :thumbup:

ALPHA
seejianshin
Recruit

Post by seejianshin »

Thanks Alpha but i would like to make a shooting model, the duster has a turret and it is not fully covered, so its pretty hard to make. Additionally i really like the T95...... looks like i have to squeeze everything out of me.....
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

PM sent with some thoughts. -Mike
seejianshin
Recruit

Post by seejianshin »

Thanks you so much Mike!
I'll try my best to do it with a limited budget.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

seejianshin wrote:Thanks you so much Mike!
I'll try my best to do it with a limited budget.
You could try doing a "Paper Walker" Janshin... You know like a paper Panzer... ones that were thought of but only put down on paper.... I saw a build were the person did up a Sherman in an assault tank configuration... so kind of what you are looking to do...The problem with the Walker is... it was a tank that came way later in the Korean War... with a little history in Vietnam...So assault tanks weren't really being used ....It's also one of the contributing factors that made the T95 not practical

Doing something like that would be a test...of your imagination ..design skills ... and build ability.... might not be all that pricy either ;)

Good Luck :thumbup:

ALPHA
seejianshin
Recruit

Post by seejianshin »

Thanks guys now i came up with the ultimate plan, for keeping my budget low! :haha:
since im in Malaysia tank parts are really hard to find and are usually expensive. To save cost for my tank, i chose the cheapest way to use less tracks. (The green part is the track.) Is this possible, thanks.
Attachments
t95 b.png
t95 b.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

You'll probably have to extend the chassis .... But hey good plan... :D

Good Luck :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”