which RX\TX is recommended for tamiya full option

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Horses45
Corporal

which RX\TX is recommended for tamiya full option

Post by Horses45 »

As the title says I'm thinking about getting a RX\TX set for my Tamiya full option so question for the Tamiya guys which is the best setup for my Tamiya ? i.e. how many channels do I need and do I need anything else ?, thanks in advance Horses45
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
tomhugill
Captain

Re: which RX\TX is recommended for tamiya full option

Post by tomhugill »

Any 4 channel will do, analogue trims are best. You can then add fire buttons, planet t5 seems reliable and cheap. I've just bought a turnigy 9x, was about £70 posted with 5 rx. You can program it so switches work as engine start and fire buttons etc.
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: as tom says planet t5 worked well with my tamiya kt :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

8O ...OK Horses... I just have to ask.... Just when did you acquire this Tamiya Full option... what tank is it..and when do we get to see some pictures :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Alpha it appeared by magic with my Rock Crawlers ;) and here are the pics
came on the same day as these ;) so glad my other half is understanding :D well it just so happens that I have a planet 5 that in taking out of one of my rock crawlers as the new rx/tx has come for it so looks like that's what's going in it :D simples and here are what came on the same day an already built kit just needs rx/tx and a kit to build and yes it is the same lol just the fun of building it and painting up then the upgrades oh the fun and I will be making time now to get these in my collection done :thumbup:
here are my rock crawler as my other half has claimed the little white one :D
so lots to keep me going in my spare time till im 105 year old, but thanks for the pointer in the right direction guys :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

8O OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: ..........Dang Horses...Get a Futaba.... not sure how much they are in the UK... ask Sassgrunt for some info... he knows a guy that mods them specifically for Tamiya vehicles...especially tanks... US around 120...which is about the same as what they sell for on Ebay

Dang... I still can't believe how your collection has grown :O ............. :thumbup:

Happy RCing My good Friend :thumbup:

ALPHA
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

The Futaba 4WD should work right out of the box for Tamiyas. Personally I use a Spektrum D6Xi TX.
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

ALPHA wrote:8O OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: ..........Dang Horses...Get a Futaba.... not sure how much they are in the UK... ask Sassgrunt for some info... he knows a guy that mods them specifically for Tamiya vehicles...especially tanks... US around 120...which is about the same as what they sell for on Ebay

Dang... I still can't believe how your collection has grown :O ............. :thumbup:

Happy RCing My good Friend :thumbup:

ALPHA
a good woman that just knows my toys just get more expensive lol, but even in the garden with the 2 crawlers she was smiling playing lol so if she cant beat them she will join them were her exact words :D, that's how the white one was hers !
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote: a good woman that just knows my toys just get more expensive lol, but even in the garden with the 2 crawlers she was smiling playing lol so if she cant beat them she will join them were her exact words :D, that's how the white one was hers !
:haha: :haha: :haha: So you dodged the Pink tank bullet :haha: :haha: ...You're a Tricky Fellow Horses... Dangling that white Range Rover in front of her lol ;)

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Are you able to get down to the Mad meet this Sunday horses? Would be good to see you!

Return to “General Questions”