Henglong or WSN Tiger I

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Henglong or WSN Tiger I

Post by Jnewboy »

Which is better? Why?
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Henglong or WSN Tiger I

Post by ALPHA »

Because you will find more people having fun with a Heng long than a WSN on youtube :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoF9VA1ZoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0mipx6qeE

seriously... the WSN needs a lot of work to even measure up to a Heng Long...it's a good tank if you want a toy... but if you really want a platform to build upon without worrying about changing the internal workings... the Heng Long is the better buy :thumbup:

ALPHA

pS the videos pretty much speak for themselves... the machine gun feature on the WSN is what kept me from buying that one...later found out how cheesy the gearboxes were...and how it operates on AA batteries instead of a rechargable.. not to mention it has no smoke feature
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hi old chap wot wot
I am fortunate to have both even have the taigen up to date upper hull but if its detail more accurate scale then its wsn any time, but if you wish to build upon then its hl having said that if you are a wizard with electrics and intend to change then go wsn things are just more detailed gears not to bad , as mike says the wsn machine gun is a joke but if you can do wonders with the electrics ?or just get both ....wot wot .......
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

The Wsn certainly looks better, I don't like those bumps under the front though. Has anyone tried removing them?
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

cosmetic surgery ? they are the gears ,plasti card and some filler blend them in as best one can then hide with some spare track maybe ?
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

cannedheat wrote:cosmetic surgery ? they are the gears ,plasti card and some filler blend them in as best one can then hide with some spare track maybe ?
Tamiya's Tiger I is RC or can be made RC but has no bulges so why didn't Trumpeter/WSN do that i wonder. Why didn't they just copy the Tamiya Tiger I? That said same question for Heng Long, their Tiger looks odd, even when you do major tweaks like turning the gun mantel the right way around it still looks distorted. I have always wondered why these companies did not make direct copies of Tamiya. After all it's not like the Tiger I or any tank is copyrighted.(well it was but Nazi Germany can't show up in a patient trial :haha: )
birger
Lance Corporal

Post by birger »

Well, I did a reconstruction of one of the WSN.

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 23&t=11403

Take a look and see for yourself.

Greetings
Birger
Fahrzeuge einsatzbereit: Tiger I HL 313, Tiger I Tamiya S33, Star Wars Tiger, Bergetiger
In der Inst: HL-PIII Lackierung, Vollkettenschlepper, Tiefladeanhänger
In Planung: MLRS,Crusader, KöTi, Jagdtiger, PIII, PIV,
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I would say the WSN is superior. Comes with rubber rimmed tires, far better detail and more accurate. People complain about the running gear but nickdonditz one has been running perfectly happily on the standard running gear for years. Works just fine on grass too. You also get a recoiling barrel with the WSN. The ideal combination is a WSN top and asiatam/taigenwtal lower. I'm going down this route for my late tiger.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
When the time comes this year to start a long awaited early Tiger 1 build, I have my eye on the new Taigen metal kit. It allows you to build either an early, middle or late version vehicle. Taigen is basically HL with the faults corrected and the addition of a ton of Asiatam parts. It is still less expensive than the comparable Tamiya kit as well. In this market with all of the tanks available and the parts to mod them, it is hard to make a wrong choice. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it to have the tank of your dreams.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Wsn all the way for accuracy .the henglong errors are many . Now been running mine week in weekout on the same gearboxes for three years with no problems. Where people get the idea of problems should try one before they spout off
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?

Return to “General Questions”