Disassembling HL King Tiger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Fooks
Recruit

Disassembling HL King Tiger

Post by Fooks »

I've bought a second hand 1/16 KT from a dealer for a rather low price, though it had some "issues".
But i ran into the problem that the upper half of the chassis wont come lose, even though the previous owner managed to let 2 of the many screws in. The main problem is though, even after removing the remaining screws, the top half is still tightly attached to the lower half. So I've searched for quite a bit on how to open it up, all I'm getting are how-to's for tiger I's.

So...that's how i ended up here, considering the many people with proper knowledge are present here.
So hereby i ask, how does one properly take a Heng Long, King Tiger with a Porsche turret apart? Am i truly missing the obvious screws?

Secondly, another thing i noticed with the tank, is that the controls are.....unique. I also own a second hand Mato Sherman, which i bought as a project as the electronics were malfunctioning. But with this tiger, some buttons on the controller are, well, duds, and the other does next to nothing. The gun elevation is also somewhat the opposite of what one would expect it to behave.

If one could send over some information about this thing, i'd highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Fooks
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Disassembling HL King Tiger

Post by forgebear »

hi have you taken the 2 screws out from under the rear idlers in the back panel dave
Fooks
Recruit

Post by Fooks »

Woa, thanks for the quick reply.

As far as i know, these should be still there, so i shall check it, i'll post the results in a bit.
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

ok good luck dave
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Dang Dave ..you beat me to it :haha:

ALPHA
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

yep looks that way LOL :wave:
Fooks
Recruit

Post by Fooks »

Alright, the idler wheels came off pretty easily (the caps did with a terrible noise though :silent: ) and yes, the screws are still present. Taking these out now.

Are there any others i should be knowing of?

*edit*
By the way, you guys rock.
I have not seen any forum respond this quick with actually helpful answers so far.
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

ther should be 2 in the base each side and poss 2 at the front
that should do it
dave
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

thanks we do try
:thumbup:
Fooks
Recruit

Post by Fooks »

I wonder, is it a smart idea to keep these screws behind the idlers absent?
Considering the thing will be assembled and disassembled a few times within the next few days, it would only be time consuming. Though during testing, will it be rigid enough for normal, flat surface driving?

Return to “General Questions”