Masterclass forum

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Masterclass forum

Post by Jnewboy »

I am confused as to what is considered "masterclass" is it refering to the quality of the overall finish of the tank or the internal parts used? How does it work? Do members post their new tanks in the "show off" forum and then from there are they posted by the forums admin into the "masterclass" forum?
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Masterclass forum

Post by blimp »

I'd say that's about right , but I believe us mortals get a say so too ;)
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Yes, and then prayers to the model Gods that you be accepted by those immortal... :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

What happens is someone puts a tank forward ( not their own) and if people vote it in with no objections in it goes. Usually the tank that goes in is a bit different scratched built or something like my Jagdtiger that I done before they came out in production.
Stevie
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:Yes, and then prayers to the model Gods that you be accepted by those immortal... :D
A song was once sung..by Freddy..then by a Sarah.... .regarding this questionable thing called immortality ...raises the question... do you do this for vanity ..or pleasure :think:
Clearly .. I will never make that thread of Immortals....
Image :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
as vanity was left at the door ;)

Thus... Who Wants To Live Forever? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Qe6yDz1HI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iDY28ZSPQ
What's shakin dgsselkirk :thumbup:

ALPHA
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

The rules of entry:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=333

TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Good one TK
With that said... immortality is overrated :haha:

Having a good time is much much more rewarding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

ALPHA
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

I only asked because as I went through the "masterclass" forum I saw a huge range in quality as far as model finish was concerned and wondered if they were judged by what was inside or said to be inside the tank rather than the outside finish. When I finish up some other projects I will start posting my 1/16 armor as I do them but I am totally about the outward appearance, not the guts as the RC side is just a bonus to me. Don't get me wrong, RC is great but my background is from a modeling standpoint and got into 1/16 to have a large scale armor collection, not shooting BB's not to discount those that are into that. I do enjoy the videos on youtube showing collections driving around together.

Alpha, nice Goldfinger tank! You need an Oddjob figure now! :)
Last edited by Jnewboy on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

Shoot! ALPHA we could Queen this to death!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jnewboy wrote:I only asked because as I went through the "masterclass" forum I saw a huge range in quality as far as model finish was concerned and wondered if they were judged by what was inside or said to be inside the tank rather than the outside finish. When I finish up some other projects I will start posting my 1/16 armor as I do them but I am totally about the outward appearance, not the guts as the RC side is just a bonus to me. Don't get me wrong, RC is great but my background is from a modeling standpoint and got into 1/16 to have a large scale armor collection, not shooting BB's not to discount those that are into that. I do enjoy the videos on youtube showing collections driving around together.

Alpha, nice Goldfinger tank! You need an Oddjob figure now! :)
Hello Jnewboy....No disrespect meant to you or your question...when I first joined... I wondered the same thing as well... but never asked as it didn't really matter to me..dgsselkirk ... has been a good friend since I joined in October of last year...TK .. a little afterwards...we taunt and dabble in a little tom foolery on occasion :D
It's what makes this board different from others IMO...though most are serious about their builds... it is not to the degree where anyone looses their sense of humor
With that said... let me give you a little history of myself...the board looon :haha: ...I too have a background in building models... won my first blue ribbon at the age of 14 a Monogram Panzer IV..a lot older now :D ...and can easily say.. have touched many many parts of the model building world including RC....but for some reason ..never touched RC tanks till recently ...before this... the last couple of things were Japanese Garage Kits...and Airsoft guns
Interesting enough...with this genre I could incorporate both of those... though I really don't shoot too many things with my tanks. Another thing I enjoy is Japanese Anime...to which I model my tanks after... the name of the anime..GIRLS UND PANZER. It's the one thing that inspired me to get into RC tankery as I put Historical building away long ago

This is the result...nothing truly notable inspirational or immortal about it lol.... just pure fun of building and modelling what I enjoy...and like how Historical builds will bring their owners joy... these are what make me smile at the end of the day....Odd Job is cool... but I find this cooler :D
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 33&t=11753

You will find...there are several excellent builders on this board...and no matter how much you know... there is always more to learn.. and give with the sharing of your knowledge...I have learned from many... :D To me those whom I've shared this adventure with are the true Masters... some are there on that thread..some are not...the reason I don't pay much attention to it is there is no "connection" or "interaction" to be made ... as subject matters are closed... leaving only questions ..like the question it left for you
So for me... I like being out in the open ... where people can respond... tell you if something stinks... or if something is great ...what can be done to make something better...perhaps how to accomplish that as well...I know for a fact I will never grace the Hallowed Hall of Masterdom ....but if it is a goal for you to be there.. no one here will stop you from achieving that .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4UNoECibYk

ROCK ON Jnewboy ...enjoy the adventure :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”