Waltersons Gearbox H/L Premiuim

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

Waltersons Gearbox H/L Premiuim

Post by Saxondog »

All I know is this is posted on an Australian site,the contact at Henglong/Waltersons tell us this is premature? Said to be a Box set with tools for Pinion removal/Replacement. Will post any new information.
Waltersons Premiuim.jpg
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Waltersons Gearbox H/L Premiuim

Post by xrad »

Looks like the gear set from Asiatam unit with new housing
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Seem like they are the newer type Mato brass gear 3 to 1's with a choice of pinions (+ extractor) and a coat of black paint ? - Big question guys , how much ?
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

After waiting for this product,as they made some changes I today recieved the Sample from Waltersons of their new gearbox.

I will be installing these in the Waltersons Porsche Build I placed on Hold in June waiting for these to replace the original Gearbox set from Watersons

That set had a splined motor shaft and was to have splined pinion gears. This is one of the engineering changes they have made.

I will be intalling these on my build thread and reporting the assembly operation,and a video of their performance once installed.
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 1&start=60

Here are a few pictures,the Retail price of the US Market is 69.95 $ I have requested pricing for the U.K.,Europe,Canada and Australia from our contact,which I will post A.S.A.P.

Included are the three pinions,the pinion puller tool and the Motor Equiped Gearbox with a new mounting plate designed to fit the Waltersons/ Heng Long Porsche King Tigers.

I will be testing the other set in a Matorro King Tiger. Enjoy the pictures.
Pinion gears with grub screws
Pinion gears with grub screws
Pinion Gear Puller set
Pinion Gear Puller set
Gearbox with motors
Gearbox with motors
Mounting Plate
Mounting Plate
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Post by Saracen »

Is it just me or does calling this a "3 Speed Gear Box" make it sound like something it isn't ?

I know it's a gear box and, with a choice of three different pinions you can make it go at three different speeds.

But, as far as I can tell, you can't "change gear" like a car, once it's been fitted ?

Adrian.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

It be interesting to know the spec of the motors as all these upgrade gearboxes have cheap motors which let them down.

With a motor data sheet we could compare against published data from Graupner or Jamera etc and make an assessment.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

I think that the name is accurate. It would be difficult to call it by a more clearly defined name without making it longer.....So you would end up with ' New gearbox with a choice of 3 pre-fitted ratios' or 'With the choice of 3 gears to change the ratio, by using a tool'. I very much doubt that anyone will be expecting a literally 'Automatically changing gear, gearbox'... 8O ..You would need another function on the controller to move a solenoid or a 'Constantly Variable Transmission' and that would cost Much More !
I expect that the actual packaging does clearly state exactly what the gearbox does in more detail !!...but we need Saxon to clarify that one with a photo....
Looking at the pictures, the gearboxes look to be very well made and are 'Unique' without copying any other brands ??... To me the choice of being able to change the gear is a great idea....you can choose a Slow and powerful ratio for your off-road flower bed course.....or the fastest ratio, for the sprint around the lawn.It would be great when combined with an Asiatam / Taigen hull with the quick release hull top. :D
I also like the idea of a mounting plate for both of the gearboxes. It helps to stiffen up the whole drive train and reduce any flexing.
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
FreakyDude
Corporal

Post by FreakyDude »

Dietrich
I would add the extra gears would allow a more custom speed for your different tanks. Say a Stug vs a Panther or possibly a T-34 vs King Tiger as well.
I love the look of this box and would certainly use this in my shelf queen ( We all have one don't we guys? )
as well as an everyday fighter. At $69.95 US the price is right there with everything else on the market and too be quite honest if I can get something painted and looking good for the same cost as functional I will take finished and pretty every time.
So next question is when are they going to be available for purchase?
Dietrich wrote:I think that the name is accurate. It would be difficult to call it by a more clearly defined name without making it longer.....So you would end up with ' New gearbox with a choice of 3 pre-fitted ratios' or 'With the choice of 3 gears to change the ratio, by using a tool'. I very much doubt that anyone will be expecting a literally 'Automatically changing gear, gearbox'... 8O ..You would need another function on the controller to move a solenoid or a 'Constantly Variable Transmission' and that would cost Much More !
I expect that the actual packaging does clearly state exactly what the gearbox does in more detail !!...but we need Saxon to clarify that one with a photo....
Looking at the pictures, the gearboxes look to be very well made and are 'Unique' without copying any other brands ??... To me the choice of being able to change the gear is a great idea....you can choose a Slow and powerful ratio for your off-road flower bed course.....or the fastest ratio, for the sprint around the lawn.It would be great when combined with an Asiatam / Taigen hull with the quick release hull top. :D
I also like the idea of a mounting plate for both of the gearboxes. It helps to stiffen up the whole drive train and reduce any flexing.
Alb.
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

This information has been forwarded from Waltersons,the chart details the two drive shaft sizes and the mounting plate required for specific Tanks.
Waltersons Compatability Chart of Optional installation options for 3-Speed Gearbox
Waltersons Compatability Chart of Optional installation options for 3-Speed Gearbox
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Post by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force »

FreakyDude wrote: So next question is when are they going to be available for purchase?
I have recently purchased 2 sets of the MATO 2.0 3:1 brass gearboxes for my Panther G & KV-1 here in the US for $83.50 each shipped, & I wasn't very impressed by their overall quality, so at around the same price range these Waltersons not only look to be better quality built than the MATO sets, they also come with 4 extra pinions & a pinion removal tool to boot, a seemingly awesome value in comparison!

So YES, I second FreakyDude's question, it's been a while now ... so any more news on when these will be available to purchase, & what vendors worldwide will carry them?

Thanks!

~ Craig ~
(¯`·._.·´¯`·._ ? B.A.D.A.S.S. F?rce Club F?under ? _.·´¯`·._.·´¯)

Return to “Hobby News”