MAD march meet! (So much alliteration...)

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
tomhugill
Captain

MAD march meet! (So much alliteration...)

Post by tomhugill »

The Manchester Armoured Division monthly meet March 15th 2015 THIS WILL BE A BIG MEET!!!!!!!!!!
With our top RC tank hop up parts seller FORGEBEAR!!!
Dave will have a large selection of spares and hop up parts for you rc tanks !! Don't miss out and come on over!!
And remember guys if there is anything specific you would like Dave to bring give him a pm and if he has it in stock he will bring it to the meet

This is an indoor meet at our fully heated club building.

All are welcome to the meet.
We have a large indoor battlefield set up with buildings, bridges and trees for you to drive your tanks around!

IR battles
We do have a few IR battles in the day.
To take part your tank will need a Tamiya compatible system and your IR emitter must be in a tube with 6mm of tube at the head of the bulb.
We can give you advice on what systems are best to use to battle with if its your first time at one of our meets.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY OUT THE IR BATTLING we can let you have a go of one of our battle ready Tanks and take part!
Our members will show you what you will need to buy to make your tank a IR battler !!
We love to see new faces and old ! All are welcome

Ian from Rc Tank Electronics will be at the meet giving IBU user back up support. He will have the full range of IBU 2 pro and hidden battle units for you to buy or you can have a chat with Ian on advice on fitting a IBU 2 to battle with in your tank.

Again at this meet we welcome Dave and Jui?e from the fantastic Rc tank sellers Forgebear Tank's.
They will have a large selection of tank upgrade and replacement parts on display for you to purchase!

Our building has full kitchen facility's and toilets.
Tea and coffee is free to all members and is provided by our club.

Hot and cold food is available from the shop at the end of our club building driveway.

Doors open 10.00am
Doors close 5.00pm
Entry fee £5 for Tank commanders. Free for your family to watch.

Sat NAV info
Kinivton street Hyde Manchester SK14 2PU

Map
http://www.emhg.co.uk/location/

See you there!!!!!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: MAD march meet! (So much alliteration...)

Post by AlwynTurner »

Er Guys..... I have just been advised :'( that March 15th is Mothering Sunday and the children are coming for lunch and I WILL be home early in time - or else ! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: Err is it too late to change the date as I guess others will be hitting this serious situation!
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

AlwynTurner wrote:Er Guys..... I have just been advised :'( that March 15th is Mothering Sunday and the children are coming for lunch and I WILL be home early in time - or else ! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: Err is it too late to change the date as I guess others will be hitting this serious situation!
Unfotunatly the 3rd Sunday in the month is our only slot for hiring the building plus we have a couple of members that have booked hotels for the meet!
But no way im missing it lol i have a Tamiya Leo 2 a Kettenkrad and a Tamiya Kublewagon plus swimwagon to collect at the meet!! :P
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I'll still be there but have to leave early unless I want to lose some essential body parts! Cheers Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

Tell the Mums you've bought them a Tank driving course and bring them along!! :D
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I be there all day :D

Mum can wait until later in the evening @) :angel:

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I will try my utmost to be there, and if Bogeyman is up for it we may both turn up.

I have the Bulldog all up and running with hidden battle system, it's been tested in Bogeyman's lounge so it should be good to go. The Chieftain ARV is all done, and the M8E2 is complete too.

I am still working on the Kodiak, the mechanics of the excavator are all working...but I am still figuring out how to run and control all of the motors. Haven't even started on the dozer blade as I got distracted this week building my 3D printer (which now works perfectly).

Hopefully see you guys on 15th. :clap:

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

wibblywobbly wrote:I will try my utmost to be there, and if Bogeyman is up for it we may both turn up.

I have the Bulldog all up and running with hidden battle system, it's been tested in Bogeyman's lounge so it should be good to go. The Chieftain ARV is all done, and the M8E2 is complete too.

I am still working on the Kodiak, the mechanics of the excavator are all working...but I am still figuring out how to run and control all of the motors. Haven't even started on the dozer blade as I got distracted this week building my 3D printer (which now works perfectly).

Hopefully see you guys on 15th. :clap:

RobG
Brilliant Rob if you make it to the meet it would be ace buddy
:thumbup:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
CrustyOldGit
Recruit

Post by CrustyOldGit »

Sorry chaps mothers day is taking priority, will see you in April.
wibblywobbly wrote:I got distracted this week building my 3D printer (which now works perfectly).
Which printer? I'm just about to splash out on a Kossel mini!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The link is back up the thread somewhere. I am also going to have to cry off getting to Manchester, I am on a mission to get this printer working as it should. Something weird is going on as the first prints I did were flawless, but since I fitted a whole new extruder, replaced all of the ptfe feed pipe, used a different filament...the print isn't completing as it used to. Its a total mystery to me but I can't rest until I figure out what it is?

:-<

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Events / Days out”