Taigen Advanced Metal Tanks - Any Good?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
LMN118
Private

Re: Taigen Advanced Metal Tanks - Any Good?

Post by LMN118 »

Aye I wish I could build tanks that fast!

All the people who sell them in the UK are getting them through Nitrotek, hence the same info and pictures. As Nitrotek offer drop shipping there is a fair chance many of the eBay retailers are not actually holding stock.

I know awesome started selling accessories many months before these tanks turned up under the Taigen brand. Items like shell boxes and other small detail parts. I've tried agents for Heng Long as well as toy buyers in HK and mainland China and no info. Strange in this day in age that something managed to make it to foreign retailers without anybody knowing about, I think our governments could take lessons on secrecy from them!
It is never just "one" tank!
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

lol you could be right there i have spoken to mato to see if they know them will see but they are keeping a tight lid on them
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Sorry to drag up an old post. But has any more information come about regarding Taigen tanks?

Just that I found this one

http://www.rc-hobbies.co.uk/index.php?cPath=241_270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For £100. For the fully speced up version. Sounds to good to be true.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Also there appears to be £50 difference between the panzer and the tiger. No idea why that is.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
frantz70
Recruit

Post by frantz70 »

Tankbear wrote:Also there appears to be £50 difference between the panzer and the tiger. No idea why that is.

One of the reasons I think is the PZ IV has a standard plastic hull, and the Tiger is upgraded with a aluminum reinforced lower hull (Asiatam ?) in some pictures the Tiger also appears to have track adjusters fitted.
LMN118
Private

Post by LMN118 »

TaiGen's range of aftermarket parts is quite small for the Panzer IV whereas they have a large range of parts of the Tiger.

If the Tiger is the full option item it will have metal hatches, road wheels and mesh screens amongst others.
It is never just "one" tank!
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Anyone have a Tiger to do a review on it? Here's a review of the PzIV. I was a little disappointed that it lacked many of the metal upgrades that AsiaTam makes (and presumably Taigen).

http://rctankhq.com/panzerforum/index.php?topic=2286.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I found this review in another forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407207" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know if the original review is genuine or not i.e. someone trying to make out is good to help sales! as they never add photos or additional reviews.

Plus another reviewer slates the tiger.

Then another raves about the Panzer.

I was thinking of trying the Panzer but lack of metal hull etc doesn't really seam any better than say the HL pro versions of about same price. And already have a tiger so wouldn't want another one at the moment.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

The Panzer rave is the link I gave. It's missing a lot of the metal options that the Tiger appears to have. At least, the Tiger seems to take more advantage of the range of metal upgrades that are available for it. At least, that's what I get from the one reviewer with pictures (although I am a little disturbed by the lack of driver/radio op hatches).
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Philipat,

What metal bits does the Panzer atually have? Just asking because for my next tank I dont know whether to get the HL Panther G pro version (metal gearbox, tracks, drive wheels) or the Taigen Panzer. Reading the websites both appear to be the same level of metal upgrade and both at same price.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “General Discussion”