Hoobens are here -hurrah & hallelujah!!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Hoobens are here -hurrah & hallelujah!!

Post by forgebear »

yes its true, i have complete t55 kits. :clap: :O :clap: its taken me 300 years chasing hooben and i have dealt with about 20 people in my efforts to get these kits, but finally they are here. Woo hoo! so, they are ready for sale, they come with gearboxes, but no other electrics, so no recoil or elevation unit or turret turn motor. (i might be able to get these from hooben, but be prepared to wait) also they are missing a couple small spring washers and a couple of small screws, but then you all have those laying about somewhere. i know a couple of you had expressed a interest, so if you still want one let me know by sending a pm. i only have a handful and to be honest i think it's unlikely i will be ordering any more. i dont think me nerves can take it. cheers dave
p.s. since you will ask, am doing them as a one off price of £200 per kit
p.p.s this probably should have gone in vendors new items, but hey, i wanted to share my good news with you all :haha: :haha:
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Hoobens are here -hurrah & hallelujah!!

Post by Saxondog »

Dave, the small Tamiya crank angle gearboxs will most likely work for elevation and rotation. I will send you a pic and some information. I learned about this from Bubbajoe as these are installed in the Porsche KT I purchased from him.

Maybe the ring gear mod would work as well, could you give me the turret base size of the opening in the lower hull?

Will we ever see the Maus or E100? Good job sticking with it as I'm sure they gave you the run around many times.

cheers Blake
Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

How many have you got?
BigPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by BigPanzer »

Hi,

Could I suggest that a build thread is started? These are largely an unknown item to us and very few have so far been completed. If everybody could pool their knowledge it would be a big help to all who have been lucky/patient enough to get one.

Peter
tankbuilder
Recruit

Post by tankbuilder »

Recived my T55 today, only had chance for a quick look at the quality and whats supplied and everything looks very good (on a par with Tamiya). Hopefully i will be able to get the electronics at a later date to build a full option kit.
Many thanks to Forgebear for importing these tanks, hopefully i will post some build photos when i start to put it together.
regards
Steve
BigPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by BigPanzer »

Hi,

Too right, many thanks to Dave!

I'm just about to start a build thread in "Other Builds"

Peter
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi there. a quick update. it seems hooben are being helpful! i have agreed with them a price of £20 for the recoil units, elevation/turret turn motors. so those of you that have kits and arent doing your own modifications, let me know by sending a pm and i'll put one set aside for you when they come in. cheers dave

Return to “General Discussion”