How much is my tank worth??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
percy1510
Corporal

How much is my tank worth??

Post by percy1510 »

Hello everybody. I could do with some help (as usual). I have one of the fully upgraded HL late Tigers, it has metal everything inc metal hull,wheels,tracks,barrel,hatches,grills etc. It also has a full elmod system installed so has mega sound and has the Elmod battle system.It has zimmerit and a nice airbrushed cammo. It was an expensive one to build but now its time to look into selling it to fund my next build, problem is I don't really know what sort of price to set it at so am looking for your input before I put it up for sale.

so the question is how much should I be asking for it ?

thanks in advance
Glyn
Saxondog
Captain

Re: How much is my tank worth??

Post by Saxondog »

I posted a link to a company called Skynet,selling S AND S custom painted Heng Long tanks. They are twice the cost of a standard painted tank. The other parts you can add up the cost of, but the real value would be in the paintwork and time to build. But then the market is flooded with custom tanks and that is a very tough market. Percy you could set a price and if you don't get the price you can always repost here at another cost, you might also offer it to some one as a three payment arrangement which would possibly make it affordable. Steel Dragons offers flex pay for their 1/6 scale tanks. Just my thoughts as I am planning to sell my 1/6 scale Tiger very soon and will offer it on a flex pay basis.

Best of luck to you,Saxondog
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

good idea with the payments idea saxondog.
glyn
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Glyn The money you have spent ,must be on a par with buying a Tamiya ,It has every mod you could make to it ,If you could post a photo it could make it easyer to give an estimate,without photo I would say around 350 pounds min ,if you are going to sell on e-bay make sure you have full write up and very good photos ,then put a reserve on it .Make sure you let everyone on the forum know its up for sale .

regards pete
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Hi Glyn with the parts it has it should be worth £350 but unfortunately you are unlikely to get much more than £200 I have had a couple of Tamiya pershings for sale which to buy new would be double the price but no one wants them if you are going to put them on fleabay have a reserve so it doesn't go too cheaply and remember if it sells for say £220 you will not get £200 due to their fees plus paypal fees. Good luck it sounds a cracking tank.
Stevie
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

thanks for the advice guys. here is a photo,
Attachments
rsz_hentig.jpg
rsz_hentig.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 915 times
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

the tracks look bright orange in the photo because of the flash but in reality they are pretty subtle and look pretty good
boxerdog
Corporal

Post by boxerdog »

i really like this tiger, and wouldnt mind an elmod set up,................anyone wanna buy any of my tamiya's ???
:crazy:

trev :thumbup:
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

What have you got trev? Might consider a swap. The reason that I was asking about the value of the tiger is because it cost about £700 to put together and didn't think that I would get anything like that if I sold it. Problem with me is I like to build but once they are done I don't really know what to do with them so always sell to fund my next build. I put everything into this one and with all the metal parts and elmod sounds it is probably the best tank I have ever built but in these tough times nobody wants to spend the kind of money I need to sell at to make it worth selling. Even on eBay I notice that the selling prices for built tamiyas has dropped really dramatically. It's a buyers Market as they say. I would definately be interested in a decent swap rather than selling this tank for a couple of hundred quid. Unbuilt tamiya would be my 1st preference but if you have anything you wanted to swap I might be interested.?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It would probably break your heart to do it, but you might find that you get more for the parts than selling it as a whole. The reason being that there might be 20 people looking for metal tracks, another 40 looking for an empty hull, etc etc, but there aren't 60+ people looking for a Tiger built the way that you have built yours?

Same thing goes for Tamiya's, loads of people want the MFU's etc, and a lot of people want the shell so that they can put non-Tamiya electrics in there.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “General Discussion”