sherman

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
bubbajoexx
Lance Corporal

sherman

Post by bubbajoexx »

my sherman arrives today will post pics as soon as it arives then will disassemble it for more pics of the components and my review
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: sherman

Post by mcevoyi »

brilliant

cant wait to get the lowdown !

iain
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

bubbajoexx wrote:my sherman arrives today will post pics as soon as it arives then will disassemble it for more pics of the components and my review
looking forwards to the pictures and review
bubbajoexx
Lance Corporal

Post by bubbajoexx »

first impression not impressed at all barrel way out of wack tracks to wide no suspension just rockerboxes out of scale to wide turret to tall incorrect detailing on shell port hatches that open but you cant use to shallow hull to smooth no texture at all more to come once the battery is charged
Attachments
sherm 006x.jpg
sherm 005x.jpg
sherm 004x.jpg
sherm 003x.jpg
sherm 002x.jpg
sherm 001x.jpg
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Seems there is plenty to fix on it then. The only bit im interested in is the running gear. You said the suspension is just rocker boxes, is the no spring in it?
What about the tracks, just plastic, or metal as well? Is the sprocket and idler plastic or metal?
Cheers,
Rik
bubbajoexx
Lance Corporal

Post by bubbajoexx »

well just tested the running gear sound and turret controls running gear is ok but lacks suspension so it hase a hard time going over obsticals the sound are not of a continental radial the sound like a bad running 4 cyclinder perkins at idle but track sound once you start moving are ok with the track squeek turret controls are good but no sounds and the airsoft fire has been moved over to the button pad and gun elevation is now up and down with the left stick and the same for right left movment but no sound for these movments will pull it apart now to se the internals
bubbajoexx
Lance Corporal

Post by bubbajoexx »

grim_marmazet wrote:Seems there is plenty to fix on it then. The only bit im interested in is the running gear. You said the suspension is just rocker boxes, is the no spring in it? these is no independant movement of the bogies the whole boge rocks back and fort with a centering spring
What about the tracks, just plastic, or metal as well? Is the sprocket and idler plastic or metal? tracks are plastic but real beafy plenty stong
Cheers,
Rik
bubbajoexx
Lance Corporal

Post by bubbajoexx »

now for the real disapointment the internals same crappy electronics there is no new board just a new addon sound chip same transisters for motors as the old boards plastic gearboxes plastic gears and piss poor mounting of the gearboxes they are mounted with non re enforced tabs on each gearbox very thin and shallow this is an hounest opinion but for a new tank it is very poorly desined and will not hold up to extened use with out major mods and at 163 dollars not worth it
Attachments
sherm 009x.jpg
sherm 008x.jpg
sherm 007x.jpg
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

the gear box cover looks a tad too long to me or is it the camera angle
see they have used the same crap electrics then
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Sorry, just a couple more questions bubbajoexxx. Could you post a couple of close up shots of the suspension please. Does it look like it could be modified to work correctly? Do the wheels have rubber tires?
I was going to use the suspension to convert a Tamiya Sherman, but I think I may just get a Panther instead. Shame as id love to have a correct D-Day Sherman, or one from the 2nd Armoured at Carentan.
Cheers,
Rik

Return to “General Discussion”