OH&S issue

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: OH&S issue

Post by brizo58 »

Oh well won't be using that then :thumbdown: . Brian...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

I'v just got the smell of diesel out of my body after 46 years as a fitter on the buses :haha: . Brian...
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Eek ! - most of my tanks are Russian :silent: . . . hmm , I wonder if Vodka . . .
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I told everyone how great this stuff was now didn't I?
I use vanilla or original cedar scent, love my mega steam!
RobW

Post by RobW »

Kiaser wrote: Petrol and Avgas would be a excellent substitute ;) .
You don't want avgas (kerosene), it's worse than diesel! Maybe some of that pot pourri smoke stuff to keep SWMBO happy? :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rob Hi, In an interesting military career I spent some months driving a Faun aircraft refueler, so that meant making sure I was refuelling the right fuel into any particular aircraft.
"Piston engined aircraft (an ever rarer bird)are petrol powered"and use in aviation terms Aviation Gasoline (AVGAS)
and "Turbine (JET) engines use, depending on specifications Paraffin" (Kerosene) (AVTUR) or (AVTAG) :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW

Post by RobW »

jarndice wrote:Rob Hi, In an interesting military career I spent some months driving a Faun aircraft refueler, so that meant making sure I was refuelling the right fuel into any particular aircraft.
"Piston engined aircraft (an ever rarer bird)are petrol powered"and use in aviation terms Aviation Gasoline (AVGAS)
and "Turbine (JET) engines use, depending on specifications Paraffin" (Kerosene) (AVTUR) or (AVTAG) :thumbup: shaun
I spent some time at Farnborough in the late 90's looking at jet engine controllers and am sure the US used AVGAS in some of the carriers for jets? I know it burnt the combustors out, but think it was a short term measure to try and keep up with the latest Mig. Happy to be corrected, we just burnt (or distributed over the site in spray form) the stuff!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kiaser, Hallo my friend, there was a time in the service when we would fill up one of our Land Rovers with Avgas, It went much better than any Rover I had ever driven, until the valves burnt out! :{
And of course we had to explain to the Engineers how that happened.
I saw a previously calm and phlegmatic Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineer Warrant Officer turn into a very noisy and agitated fellow!!! Some people have no sense of humour :lolno: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I donated a brew of methyl- benzine, toluol,nitro methane(model aircraft fuel) and castor oil to Dad for lawn mower fuel.
Used to use the mix for bike racing and discarded what was not used.

Hilarious looking back but I was in a world of shit at the time. ;)
Bike correctly tuned went bananas on it, but not the mower :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Used to chat with an old boy in the gun club I was in.
Told the tale that he could get a case of scotch for a GMC 6X6 truck, with 22 drums of U.S. fuel on board(with the tailgate down) delivered............ :O
Pacific WWII- driver & gunner(when no trucks available !!)
Apparently everything U.S. including aircraft at the time ran on the same fuel...................by the end, so did everything else :)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”