R/C vehicles NOT ALLOWED!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jackalope
Lieutenant

R/C vehicles NOT ALLOWED!

Post by jackalope »

WARNING LONG READ.....WARNING LONG READ.....WARNING LONG READ.....WARNING LONG READ.....WARNING LONG READ

Yesterday I took my King Tiger to the park for a little outing, first time back there since I blew out a gearbox in the sand and THIS time she did MUCH better! Through mud, deep grass, deep field of clover, small stream, more mud the really slimy kind, and dirt trails and into the river to wash off the tracks a little and even across some sand but didn't spend much time there due to past problems. :haha:

So I take the KT out of the woods and up into where a fishing pond is where there are people around and every kid around swarms me asking me all kinds of questions followed by their parents and everyone is amazed by my tank. Then a park employee pulls up and tells me R/C vehicles are not allowed in public parks and I'm not only going to have to leave but he wants all my info and calls in the park rangers (park police). I apologize and tell him I didn't know there are no signs telling me I could not bring it in so I didn't know, he then starts to tell me "ignorance of the law..." and I cut him off and ask him what law? He looks puzzled and again I ask him what law and is it law or code? He says the ranger will tell me when he gives me my fine. The whole time people are asking him what I did wrong and saying how silly this is, one woman started to get down right nasty with the guy I guess cause I let her son run my tank and was being nice to all the kids. While this all was going on I'm walking back to my car and start packing everything up being followed by the guy and a couple other people and some kids cause now I just want to leave! This is crazy its a public park, I paid my $3 to come in, I'm not doing anything on the sign at the gate says is prohibited but this goof says I'm going to be fined! Then the REAL fun part, he tells me that I can not put my tank in my trunk BECAUSE it will probably be CONFISCATED! :lolno: BULL SHIT! :lolno: I laugh at him, pick up my tank and put it in my trunk and tell him he better bring a gun if he wants to take my tank.

Enter the park ranger, ranger Burns and the woman and the other guy are both trying to talk over each other to him. He asks the woman who she is to me and she tells him no one but I was nice to her son and how I was letting the kids run the tank and explaining to them about how the tank works and how nice I was being and she thought it was bull shit they were going to give me a ticket and take my tank. Ranger Burns said "Whoe Whoe Whoe who said anything about a ticket and confiscating his tanks?" and she pointed straight at the other guy. The ranger gave him a look like you're an ass hole and tells the woman that I'm not in any trouble and no one is taking his tank.

The other guy starts spouting off about R/C DRONES and the ranger stopped him and asked if I had a drone or an R/C tank, the guy said "Tank, But thats the..." and the ranger cut him off and said "Nope, not a drone its not banned thats #1. #2 is if its an historicly accurate R/C vehicle and the owner (he points to me) is teaching other park goers (points to the people standing around) and their kids (messes up the hair of the womans little boy)about a historicly correct vehicle then his tank is perfectly fine to be here". Then the ranger asked to see it and I opened my trunk and he REALLY LIKED it! Then the guy sounds off again saying "Well he said we'd have to have a gun to take it from him." the ranger looked at me and asked "How much did that cost you?" and I told him about a $1200 and took me about 6 months to build it. He smiled and looked at the guy and said "If that were mine and someone was gonna try to take it from me they'd better bring a gun cause I wouldn't give it up either" Then he laughed.

The ranger told the guy to leave cause he was starting trouble where there didn't need to be any and he was stirring up the other park goers. As the guy was leaving to get in his truck the woman yelled "ASSHOLE!" at him and the ranger told her to take it easy. Then he asked if I could take it back out and let him see and try it and I did and as he's driving it through the really slimy nasty mud he laughs and tells me "if anyone every gives me any shit about me bringing my tank to the park you tell them ranger Burns said it's ok. This thing is really cool!" Then he gave me back the controls and asked where I bought it.

By now I'd been there for about 2 hours and decided it was time to go home and thanked everyone and the ranger, he shook my hand and told me to have a nice day and that my tanks are always welcome. The womans little boy ran up and gave my left leg a hug and he thanked me for letting him drive the tank and she gave me a smile and waved.

Crazy day but I made some friends and now I have permission to run my tanks at any state park! :thumbup:
Onesmallstep1966
Private

Re: R/C vehicles NOT ALLOWED!

Post by Onesmallstep1966 »

It doesn't matter what part of the world you live in, there are always plenty of jobsworth assholes about :haha:
Torro Tiger 1 RTR Metal Edition BB, Upgraded with IBU2 and TARR MKI Smoker
Torro Tiger 1 Kit with Asiatam Sturmtiger Hull, IBU2 Pro, and TARR MKI Smoker - In Construction
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

This sadly doesn't surprise me in the slightest! I've seen people have similar issue with rc boats. There's always some one trying to spoil things!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I'm sorry Jack I am with the other fellow, How dare you have pleasure and enjoyment, and as to teaching children how to play with R/C Tanks , you should be flogged to within an inch of your life. >:<
Seriously, I have always maintained that there are people out there who are only happy when they are bringing down others. Nice final result, well done,
By the way I have never been charged to use a public park in the UK, there is a lot to be said for living in a welfare state. :haha: :haha: :haha:shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Yup $3 per person if you're a state resident and $5 per person for those from out of state. It's rediculous if you ask me, paying to get into a state park!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

jack, they need the $3 to pay for the Park employee to tell you off.
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Unbelievable :thumbdown:
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
TigerHess
Recruit

Post by TigerHess »

Well your getting off cheap in your state parks, lol,lol, come to California and it's 10 to 15 bucks, but you can drink booze, lol,lol... :thumbup: :haha: :clap:
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Parks are free here
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

I was planning on taking my 1/6 Tigers to the park soon. Interesting to see if any problems with authorities. No entrance in public parks here.

Return to “General Discussion”