remote needed

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
slush
Recruit

remote needed

Post by slush »

help needed guys . just bought a 1/16 tiger from boot sale . has no remote it is the smoke and sound can someone tell me what one i need to get .many thanks . gary
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: remote needed

Post by jtracks »

slush wrote:help needed guys . just bought a 1/16 tiger from boot sale . has no remote it is the smoke and sound can someone tell me what one i need to get .many thanks . gary
Hello slush, you'll need to determine if the tank receiver requires a radio crystal to operate or if it is a 2.4GHZ radio system. There are many vendors that sell transmitters and receivers. If it is of the crystal type, there should be a tag on the crystal that has the frequency written on it. It may also have the frequency stamped onto the crystal itself. You will need to buy a transmitter and a crystal to match what is in the receiver. Or, along with the transmitter, a new set of matching crystals. Ebay is also a source

Joe
Joe
slush
Recruit

Post by slush »

thats me lost lol no crystal there . where would it be or where does it plug into ,have no idea where to look and thanks joe
Woz

Post by Woz »

Open it up, take a picture of the internals and post it here.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

slush wrote:thats me lost lol no crystal there . where would it be or where does it plug into ,have no idea where to look and thanks joe

If you have one of the older tanks, there should be a RX-14 or RX-18, they look like a small black box that most of the connections, (motors, speaker, smoke unit, power switch) should be plugged into. Also, a small green circuit board that is near by. You should find the crystal there. If I remember correctly, it should be plugged into that green board and be standing in a vertical position. All of my tanks have the 2.4GHZ radios with the newer RX-18 so its been a while since I've dealt with the older systems. Hope this helps. If you can post a photo or two as stated above that would help us help you. Also, a photo of the electronics in your tank would be a huge help.

Joe
Joe
slush
Recruit

Post by slush »

hi joe hope this can help dont think its a rx18 as it seems they are all soldered no place i can see for a crystal and my phones pic is to big to load here and im useless with it sorry
slush
Recruit

Post by slush »

joe i can send a pic to you if you could send me your email address if that could help
Woz

Post by Woz »

Its the old S&S board.

The crystal is in the battery compartment under the small board.

You'll need ta transmitter like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heng-Long-1-1 ... 3378c435a9

You need to make sure the crystal numbers match.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Woz wrote:Image

Its the old S&S board.

The crystal is in the battery compartment under the small board.

You'll need ta transmitter like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heng-Long-1-1 ... 3378c435a9

You need to make sure the crystal numbers match.
Wow, that's even before I started in this hobby, I've never seen that type of set up.

Joe
Joe
slush
Recruit

Post by slush »

thanks very much joe . dont suppose its a bad buy only cost me £7.00

Return to “General Discussion”