FURY just seen it

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
teddyt
Lance Corporal

FURY just seen it

Post by teddyt »

well I have just got back from seeing "FURY"...... Is it just another super human americans win the war on their own type film? I can honestly say "NO"
I am not sure it will ever be a "classic" but it is a fine war film thats stands on its own merits, the effects are very good, the acting is at times ott but on the whole pretty good
brad pitt plays his part well.
the ending was not what i was expecting.....but you will have to go see this for yourselves. the action scenes are done very well with a fair bit of gore along the way. if there is a message within the film its that we are all as guilty as each other in the terms of war German/british /american etc
all in all would I recommend this film? YES!!!!
If at first you can't fix it , hit it with a big hammer

TANKS
4 Tiger 1's
King Tiger
Panzer 3
Challenger 2
Bulldog
Glassback
Recruit

Re: FURY just seen it

Post by Glassback »

Just made a mad dash too see this too, after a tooth extraction ,good film but not a great film imho, but well worth a cinema visit Andy :thumbup:( could actually taste the blood bet you won't get that experience)
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Teddy, war is hell is not just an expression its the truth. NO ONE can be proud of all their actions in a war, you do things you never thought you would be able to do or have to do. The things you see have a way to twist you and warp your out look on reality. I can not imagine the things that troops from every country went through during WWII, no one should be forced to kill someone else just because they ware a different uniform and speak a different language or believe in a different faith.

I may not have been in ANYHING like WWII but Somalia wasn't exactly my idea of a vacation either and I was just a heavy wheel vehicle mechanic in the Army, I worked on every kind of wheeled vehicle 5 tons and up. We were attached to the 1st Marine expeditionary force and went in right behind them to keep their trucks running and let me tell you it was no fun at all.
teddyt
Lance Corporal

Post by teddyt »

I know mate. I am ex infantry and did two tours of N. Ireland ( S.Armagh/ Belfast)during the late 70's and saw many things that still live with me daily.
my comment "if there is a message within the film its that we are all as guilty as each other in the terms of war German/british /american etc" was not a general opinion but a view on the "hollywood practice that the allies where the all round good guys and the axis were the bad guys. which as you so righly point out is not as simple as that

TANKS
4 Tiger 1's
King Tiger
Panzer 3
Challenger 2
Bulldog
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

At last, a film that shows America winning WW2 single handed, I've been waiting so long for that! :)

I was left disappointed by the ending, I think if I'd walked out 20mins before the end I'd have enjoyed it better. It's a shame as the rest of the film was very good without the usual Hollywood comedy of errors on display, and it was great to finally see a real Tiger 1 on the big screen doing it's stuff. The Yank combat tactics were pretty questionable but hey, it's not a documentary.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Crispy wrote:At last, a film that shows America winning WW2 single handed, I've been waiting so long for that! :)

Hmmmm..... must have seen a different version then I did. ;)
teddyt
Lance Corporal

Post by teddyt »

jackalope wrote:
Crispy wrote:At last, a film that shows America winning WW2 single handed, I've been waiting so long for that! :)

Hmmmm..... must have seen a different version then I did. ;)
Ditto :thumbup:

TANKS
4 Tiger 1's
King Tiger
Panzer 3
Challenger 2
Bulldog
Rocketman
Sergeant

Post by Rocketman »

I went with Crispy and felt the same. A great film technically brilliant spoiled by the need to dumb down for the masses with some very unrealistic action scenes. Great to see the days of American half tracks with swastikas on has gone, loved the village scene with the greyhounds parked in Barnes and things like that. Really liked the US jackets with hoods, never seen those before?

Sadly though Old Brad buggered it up at the end. Id love to say more but dint want to spoil it for others who havnt seen it.

And having said all that, I'm going again tonight!
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

I was left disappointed by the ending, I think if I'd walked out 20mins before the end I'd have enjoyed it better. It's a shame as the rest of the film was very good without the usual Hollywood comedy of errors on display, and it was great to finally see a real Tiger 1 on the big screen doing it's stuff. The Yank combat tactics were pretty questionable but hey, it's not a documentary.
At least it's no U-571 right? That film was just down right offensive and should be put to the torch.
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

billpe wrote:

At least it's no U-571 right? That film was just down right offensive and should be put to the torch.
Oh yes! Somehow they forgot to mention the British already had Enigma in 1941 before America entered the war! Still it was amusing to see John Bon Jovi get taken out by that hatch.

"DUCK!"
"Where?"
THWACK!
:D
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!

Return to “General Discussion”