new 1/16 sherman firefly ...official !..

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

new 1/16 sherman firefly ...official !..

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all

For the modellers based here in the uk ...if you like sherman fireflys ....
Start collecting for parts alone !....

http://www.buildshermantank.com/?_ga=1. ... 1413573169
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: new 1/16 sherman firefly ...official !..

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for the head's up on this. It looks like it could be made RC with some parts substitution or provide cool parts for other Sherman builds.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All,
I built there Tiger1 late, nice kit but over 100 issues at £5.99 a time don't take no working out.if it is the same type it will have a full inside. But for parts might be ok. Brian...
Woz

Post by Woz »

Be good if it comes out in the shops, that way you can cherry pick the parts you want. 99p for a metal 17lbr, I can see a few of them turning up on ebay.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: There's always a catch.... fynsdad told me about this a few days ago...sure it's cool ...but a gimmick to sell subscriptions... one part per magazine...heck...I think I'd go nuts just waiting for issues to arrive :crazy:

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Hi chaps,
I was interested to find out a bit more about this model so I contacted Hachett through their website. There will be approx 140 issues to collect to complete the tank. After the special price for the first one they will cost £6.99 and should be released weekly.
This means the complete tank will cost around £1000, and it will take about 3years to receive all the parts.
Probably good for parts but I can't find anywhere local to me that is selling it.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:Hi chaps,
I was interested to find out a bit more about this model so I contacted Hachett through their website. There will be approx 140 issues to collect to complete the tank. After the special price for the first one they will cost £6.99 and should be released weekly.
This means the complete tank will cost around £1000, and it will take about 3years to receive all the parts.
Probably good for parts but I can't find anywhere local to me that is selling it.
Image...Do you know if you can cancel the subscription after the first issue :haha:

ALPHA
Woz

Post by Woz »

You can cancel any time you want, or so it says.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:You can cancel any time you want, or so it says.
Bet the first issue with the metal barrel and muzzle break is sold out already :lolno:

ALPHA
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Oh god - here we go again!
Hachette Build Your Own Sherman Firefly issue1.png
Hachette Build Your Own Sherman Firefly issue1.png (96.59 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
I don't know a lot about Shermans - but if I ever build one in 1/16 it would have to be a Firefly.

All I would say, having bought quite a few of the issues for the Tiger (off ebay), is that this may be a useful source for upgrade parts - but, and it's a BIG BUT, don't think this is the answer to a ready-to-build tank. The overall price is ridiculous and the time-lag equally so.

Also, if the Hachette Tiger 1 is anything to go by, the quality of parts might vary enormously. After I accumulated my haul of Tiger issues I soon found that many were very basic indeed (although the cupola is still a winner).

Having said that I am extremely gratified that someone is producing an iconic British tank in this scale in any form.

My advice would be to buy the first issue in the shops (or from the Hachette site) and grab a bargain metal barrel, then wait for the inevitable on-line build blog (there's one for the Tiger) to find out what comes with each issue. The hull and turret would seem to be the most interesting bits. After that watch ebay and cherry-pick what you need...
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350

Return to “General Discussion”