New Taigen T-34 IR

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

New Taigen T-34 IR

Post by jtracks »

I'll try and keep this as short as possible. My new Taigen T-34 arrived yesterday. I was very happy with the overall fit and finish of the tank. Battery charged and installed. The tank worked great for about ten minutes and then the main gun started to continuously fire. I shut the tank and the TX down. When I restarted the tank, the continual firing had stopped. However, with the left stick pushed up to fire the gun, there was a muzzle flash but no recoil. The turret rotates it's full 360 degrees, the machine gun operates as does all of the other functions. I've contacted Phoenix Model Co. via Amazon and asked for a new tank or a full refund. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. Oh, I also bound the tank with my other Taigen 2.4 TX, this did not solve the problem. I'll keep you all informed about how I am treated and the final outcome. I know there can be problems but come on. Where's the quality control?

Joe
Joe
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Taigen T-34 IR

Post by MichaelC »

Joe,

Your recoil trigger switch could be stuck. There are very cheap contact switch and sometimes they just get stuck after repeated use and have to either bend back slightly or be separated. You could also try very gently jiggle the main gun to see if the recoil mechanism itself is stuck also.

MichaelC.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

MichaelC wrote:Joe,

Your recoil trigger switch could be stuck. There are very cheap contact switch and sometimes they just get stuck after repeated use and have to either bend back slightly or be separated. You could also try very gently jiggle the main gun to see if the recoil mechanism itself is stuck also.

MichaelC.
Thanks MichaelC, I'll give that a try.

Joe
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

The barrel moves freely, that did not fix the problem. I'll let them send me a new one. Thanks for the help.

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks for the heads up JT... let us know how everything turns out... got any pics of the tank?

ALPHA
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

ALPHA wrote:Thanks for the heads up JT... let us know how everything turns out... got any pics of the tank?

ALPHA
No photo's. I don't have any luck with the photo bucket or IMUR sites. PM me your email and I'll be happy to send you some.

Joe
Joe
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Sounds as if the ground connection to your recoil switch has come.loose. I'm not sure of the mechanics of that with one of those 360 gadgets on your turret but the symptoms you describe are exact. As you noted, with a brand new tank with new tech, best to let the seller handle it. Good luck!
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Sounds as if the ground connection to your recoil switch has come.loose. I'm not sure of the mechanics of that with one of those 360 gadgets on your turret but the symptoms you describe are exact. As you noted, with a brand new tank with new tech, best to let the seller handle it. Good luck!
Regards,
Painless
I agree Painless, I'll let them take care of it. When looking into the turret, I see two very thin strips of metal. The strip on the left has two very small bits of black plastic attached to it. One at the top and one mid way down. At the bottom, there are two wires attached and they are both intact.???????? Mounted to the large turret gear there is a cylindrical black plastic bushing that has a bunch of wires passing through it that go to the gun assembly and then down to the receiver. This is what gives the turret it's 360 rotation capabilities.

Joe
Joe
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Joe,

The two thin strips of metal is the cheapo trigger contact switch I was talking about. If you managed to fire the gun with the tank open, you can see if it is make the contact when it recoils. In fact, if you force the contact you should get the recoil/sound/flash manually.

MichaelC.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Never thought of that... as I never saw how they do the 360 rotation...the device might be faulty... hopefully they will perfect it in the 2nd generation models..esp the Sherman

ALPHA

Return to “General Discussion”