I bought my first tank

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

I bought my first tank

Post by jtracks »

I have purchased my first tank. Thanks to all who gave me their input, I hope I made a good 1ST choice.

TAG12098 - 1/16 Taigen IR Panzer IV RC Tank. This Taigen IR Panzer IV RC tank comes with metal gearboxes, Tracks and Suspension, 2.4 GHz radio, battery and wall charger. Painted in gray camouflage colors. This RC tank is also known as PzKpfw IV Ausf F2.Sd.Kfz. Tank has sound, cannon recoil and painted figure. IR receiver Included. As an extra bonus, metal front drive sprockets and rear idler wheels with bearings are included.

Joe
Joe
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: I bought my first tank

Post by jackalope »

Awesome glad to hear you got the upgraded version! Also Taigen, veeerrrryy good choice sir! I'm sure someone else will object ;) but IMHO Taigen tanks are much nicer. IR version, have anyone local to battle with? Thats the only reason I didn't go with the IR set up cause there's no one around me that has R/C tanks. :thumbdown:

Anyway looking forward to seeing pics.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Thanks jackalope. Yes, my wife. I've been showing her you tube videos and she likes what she see's. I find that strange due to the fact I can't get her to touch one of my many RC Crawlers. She has already said "I want to play too". :clap:

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Taigen pro PanzerIV nice :D ...one tip... check the suspension...those Taigen springs don't work all the time... I found them too stiff and unforgiving... swapped them out for Heng Long springs...the the arms work fine :D

ALPHA
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

ALPHA wrote:Taigen pro PanzerIV nice :D ...one tip... check the suspension...those Taigen springs don't work all the time... I found them too stiff and unforgiving... swapped them out for Heng Long springs...the the arms work fine :D

ALPHA
Thanks ALPHA, I'll check them for sure.

Joe
Joe
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jtracks wrote:Thanks jackalope. Yes, my wife. I've been showing her you tube videos and she likes what she see's. I find that strange due to the fact I can't get her to touch one of my many RC Crawlers. She has already said "I want to play too". :clap:

Joe

Really? Wow! I want one of them! :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:
jtracks wrote:Thanks jackalope. Yes, my wife. I've been showing her you tube videos and she likes what she see's. I find that strange due to the fact I can't get her to touch one of my many RC Crawlers. She has already said "I want to play too". :clap:

Joe

Really? Wow! I want one of them! :haha:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jtracks wrote:
ALPHA wrote:Taigen pro PanzerIV nice :D ...one tip... check the suspension...those Taigen springs don't work all the time... I found them too stiff and unforgiving... swapped them out for Heng Long springs...the the arms work fine :D

ALPHA

Joe
Yeah Joe ...make sure your tank bounces ... just put it on a flat surface and push down... when I did that to mine... there were solid as a rock...no reflex at all...changed to Heng Long springs...and all wheels are independent bouncers :D

ALPHA
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

ALPHA wrote:
jtracks wrote:

ALPHA

Joe
Yeah Joe ...make sure your tank bounces ... just put it on a flat surface and push down... when I did that to mine... there were solid as a rock...no reflex at all...changed to Heng Long springs...and all wheels are independent bouncers :D

ALPHA
Did you run them for a while to break them in or just change them out. I have a couple of leaf spring RC trucks and they were very stiff until I got them broken in. One of them is too soft now. I realize tanks may be different. At any rate, as you advised earlier, I'll keep an eye on them. On another subject, saw a posting at a local hobby shop today for a HL Sherman for $125.00 US. I called the number and waiting for a call back. I hope he still has it.

Joe
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jtracks wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
jtracks wrote: Thanks ALPHA, I'll check them for sure.

Joe

ALPHA
Did you run them for a while to break them in or just change them out. I have a couple of leaf spring RC trucks and they were very stiff until I got them broken in. One of them is too soft now. I realize tanks may be different. At any rate, as you advised earlier, I'll keep an eye on them. On another subject, saw a posting at a local hobby shop today for a HL Sherman for $125.00 US. I called the number and waiting for a call back. I hope he still has it.

Joe
Those RC trucks aren't made by Taigen right lol................... Running it around is what made me notice the suspension wasn't working....that's when I did the push test....The Taigen leafs look good... but don't function as well as the HL or Tamiya versions of it.... you can also replace the springs with ones made of carbon fiber... they are meant for the Tamiya... something good to know if you can't find something else ;)

Anyway the problem I found with the Taigen springs is that they don't have any "spring " to them...so if you do compress them they stay compressed... :thumbdown:

Hope yours is better than mine :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “General Discussion”