Rx18 question

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rocketman
Sergeant

Rx18 question

Post by Rocketman »

Hi gang can anyone help please.

I've built a mato Sherman from bits and I'm having trouble wiring in the hull mg. as I wasn't bothered about the main bb function I've simply taken the turret turn wires and mg gun leads back to the rx18 box. The turret turn works I think( just picking model back up after a break) but I can't get the mg to flash. Best I can do is to get it to light up and flash off. So it's permanently on and flashes off when pressed? I'm using the circuit diagram that's been posted on this forum.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Rx18 question

Post by MichaelC »

You should be able to hook it up directly into the RX-18. Sounds like you have the polarity reverse and also wired to the headlight maybe ? Do you get the MG sound and also is your headlight working ?

MichaelC.
Rocketman
Sergeant

Post by Rocketman »

I've taken the headlights out of the loop and put those on a seperate switched circuit. I do get the mg sound when I press the button. The two pins indicated on the diagram don't trigger the led but I've also just found out the turret turn ones seem to be wrong as well.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hello Rocketman....You using the Heng Long RX or the Mato? if the Mato...old or new? Painlesswolf had wiring problems with his Sherman... but he was changing over from the Old Mato to the 2.4 Mato...apparently they are completely different....
Here's the link to the thread...he has photos of both wiring
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 23&t=12575

ALPHA
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Rocketman,

I recently did this conversion for another member and couldn't get the machine gun LED to flash. I found the headlight/taillights didn't like the RX18 so ended up rewiring them added some 100 ohm resistors to the taillights got them and the headlights working as should be. But no machine gun, presumed faulty LED and left it like that.

But now your experience would suggest something else. I'm thinking maybe the LED is a flashing version so expecting a constant supply, but the RX18 gives a pulsing supply expecting to a normal LED?

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Rocketman
Sergeant

Post by Rocketman »

Ok sorted, it's the led in the gun. Held a 3v led to the prongs and it flashes fine in time to the sound! Currently taking the led out of the gun barrel and replacing with my nice white one.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Rocketman,
Good job on the fix. Electrics in these vehicles always seem to provide the greatest challenge tho' that is getting better as time passes and newer models come out.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “General Discussion”