HL\Tamiya Pershing Revamp Possible?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

HL\Tamiya Pershing Revamp Possible?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I'm getting close to wrapping up the current Capture KV-2 build that began with a research phase in March. I have a Tiger 1 kit from Taigen that will occupy the winter months but in between I want to do some revamping to a favorite Heng Long Pershing. I've had this tank for a number of years and did a minor cosmetic\detail upgrade on it last year along with adding some badly needed metal gearboxes and new plastic tracks. Along the lines of the 'In the Mood' revamp I completed earlier this year, I would like to bring some new fire to the Pershing. How possible is it to add a Tamiya lower hull with suspension, sprockets, idlers and tracks to a Heng Long upper and electronics? Taigen has a Pershing version out but I believe the changes to it are merely cosmetic and the parts are stock HL. There are plenty of HL parts available but I would like to do a hybrid if possible to bring some better functionality along with the paint job and detailing I have planned. Any thoughts or links to previous builds of this type would be appreciated. I love my old Pershing and it is still one of my best running tanks so it deserves some top drawer attention like my Mato Sherman got.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Worth redoing with a lot to work with
Worth redoing with a lot to work with
Commander is an earlier, sane version of Crazy Joe
Commander is an earlier, sane version of Crazy Joe
Pershing as of 072814
Pershing as of 072814
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: HL\Tamiya Pershing Revamp Possible?

Post by ALPHA »

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Pink? 8O ............. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
*Hmmmmms* ;o) I charged up the battery and ran it and it runs as good if not better than the day I unwrapped it. ( Birthday Present ) If nothing solid shows up here, I may just do a paint and detail job, maybe change out for a 2.4 set over the HL crystal. I may need to purchase a brass barrel for the Pershing from you if I cannot locate a Tamiya aluminum one.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
*Hmmmmms* ;o) I charged up the battery and ran it and it runs as good if not better than the day I unwrapped it. ( Birthday Present ) If nothing solid shows up here, I may just do a paint and detail job, maybe change out for a 2.4 set over the HL crystal. I may need to purchase a brass barrel for the Pershing from you if I cannot locate a Tamiya aluminum one.
regards,
Painless
Whew!....thought you might be needing an antenna :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: The barrel not sure... I have the brass...just not sure if it will be wide enough...those pershings have pretty big guns ;)

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Pink? 8O ............. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:D

ALPHA
Mr Alpha.............................
nice guy, great vision, but JEEZUS. H. !
you have a pink Serman as well as a Pershing !?
I was just looking at new housing with she who must be obeyed, flicked onto RCHQ and that came up !!
The Mrs thinks its fine for me to provide her with not only a pink Sherman- which she does recognise- but now a bloody Pershing- which she does not- just because I made her stand in the street in Cologne Germany ,on, or as close to the spot where the Panther took the hit (2 hits) from the Pershing in the only footage of where a Pershing in combat took place. :O :O

Your posts should come with a content warning.......................

"caution, the following post may cause spousal awareness and subsequent conflict of interest" :crazy: :crazy:

If I ever get to meet you, Im going to buy you drinks until you spew on your shoes, then wake you up early to cook a hearty breakfast of warm fish milkshakes . :sick
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
A quick sum up: We've had fun with the Pepto Bismol Pershing and there is a possibility of landing a brass barrel to replace the too short HL version. Any thoughts or previous experience out there about using a Tamiya lower with HL electrics and gears?
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Scratch one T-34.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi Painless
I don't know if this will answer your question but my 1 off HSSV sherman with a M26 turret is a hybri.d with a scratch hull, using a hssv suspension with a Tamiya motor/gearbox, with twin clutches for steering and HL RX 18 for all the rest. I'm using a Turnigy 9x radio with a RCH5L unit from RCTA.
The layout is that I'm using a 10 amp speed controller for the motor speed (channel 3), a standard servo for the steering (channel 4) and then channel's 1,2& 5 for the turrent trainning,ele & firing and also sound thro the RCH5L into the RX18 and it all works fine.
Hopes this might be of some use.
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hawkeye,
Thank you for the information. That's a little more involved than I planned to get but it is useful to know that the Tamiya electronics can co exist with the HL type RX-18. I would like to use the Tamiya lower and running gear in concert with a 2.4 GHz set and HL gears and motors and leave the deck and turret electrics basically alone.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....Sign up for SAUNDERS 8O

:haha: :haha: ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Mr Alpha.............................
nice guy, great vision, but JEEZUS. H. !
you have a pink Serman as well as a Pershing !?
I was just looking at new housing with she who must be obeyed, flicked onto RCHQ and that came up !!
The Mrs thinks its fine for me to provide her with not only a pink Sherman- which she does recognise- but now a bloody Pershing- which she does not- just because I made her stand in the street in Cologne Germany ,on, or as close to the spot where the Panther took the hit (2 hits) from the Pershing in the only footage of where a Pershing in combat took place. :O :O

Your posts should come with a content warning.......................

"caution, the following post may cause spousal awareness and subsequent conflict of interest" :crazy: :crazy:

If I ever get to meet you, Im going to buy you drinks until you spew on your shoes, then wake you up early to cook a hearty breakfast of warm fish milkshakes . :sick
:haha: Only one Pink tank at the moment...nice to know your Missus has good taste :haha: :haha: :haha:

Might do another one day... a Lee... but still haven't worked out the internals for that one ;)

ALPHA

Return to “General Discussion”